get in the (vegan) kitchen!

tricks and treats for compassionate cooking

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

brown baggin' it

so i had another day of (cough-hellish-cough) substitute teaching. everytime i am sent into the firing squad (aka: 6th graders) i come out (barely alive) with a continually deepening respect for the crazy people (teachers) who dedicate thier lives to thankless rearing of other citizens' horribly-raised spawns. it's a tough life! no wonder the teachers i see never have super awesome brown bagged lunches like me. they should have a program: FEED THE TEACHERS! they seriously need better food for these noble public servants. corndogs in the cafeteria, are you kidding me?

anyway, yesterday i brought with me a little "mediterranean inspired" paper sack of lunchtime goodness: a pita filled with tabouli, hummus, and spinach leaves. some niblet carrots from my garden (the little ones that didn't grow long because they were so close together because i had no idea what i was doing and didn't respace them after they started growing. oops. )for dessert: three pitted dates and two juicy plums from the farmer's market (you can even see them glistening in thier ripened glory!)



yum.


i saw all the teacher's eyeing my majestic meal of hippie proportions. i wanted to offer them some but was afraid that if i said the word "tabouli" they would think i am a witch, like these people do.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

OH. MY. GOD. Is that link for real? Because that's seriously insane. Not that I'd be terribly surprised. Religious zealots as a rule make very little sense.

That said, your lunch looks delicious! Mmm, plums. And I think your midget carrots are cute. :)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger pimpdaddysupreme said...

Landover Baptist is a parody of religious sites. Sadly, it's mock extremism isn't too far off the mark these days.

Stupid people... (tsk, tsk)

I'm loving your vegan blog. Gives me support for my own vegan cooking. Which I mainly do for my girlfriend, as I'm an omnivore. But I'm not one who's scared of meals without meat! (In fact, I think it's some tasty stuff!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home